Happy New Year!
The fourteenth year of the new millennium is upon us. Just when I started getting used to writing 2013 on things, too.
2013 was an interesting year for me. It had plenty of highlights – some good, and some bad.
- In the spring, I moved out of my childhood home for the first time. I had a really difficult time with it, despite finding a place with amazing landlords close to work, because I had never moved before.
- I met James, the love of my life.
- I became a Trekkie.
- As summer started to creep around, I began the rewrite of my first great fantasy love, OF THE ARBOUR,
- And I went to a writing workshop which was hosted by an award-winning Canadian author.
- I went through some health crises.
- I was lucky enough to support an incredible friend during an incredible time in her life.
- I published PURITY and finally achieved a lifelong goal of having strangers read and enjoy my writing.
- And I just realized I forgot to do my annual Halloween post, like some kind of idiot.
I hope 2014 will be as eventful, if not more.
- I hope to publish CHANGELING, my one true love of fantasy novels.
- I’ve made a pact to go to the gym, which I can see going fairly well. The main reason I never went before was because I had no one to go with, but I have two friends in said pact this time.
- I’ll, in all likelihood, have to move again – but this time to live with the aforementioned love of my life.
- And also get a cat.
- And maybe blog properly, because my current schedule is shit and should maybe be managed better.
How has 2013 shaped up for everyone else? The general consensus that I have seen was that it was a mediocre year – but together we can make 2014 amazing.
Happy New Year, everybody!